Monday, May 3, 2010

VFC Staff

Here's a few pictures of the people I work with.

Jean-Marie:
Jean-Marie is the Credit Management Officer, kind of my point-man for getting things done. He greeted me at the airport upon arrival with a big hug, and also led Sue and I on a trip to Gisenyi, on the border of the DRC on lake Kivu.

Gilbert:
Gilbert, 30, was hired to help me translate the journals from Kinyarwanda to English. He was previously an English teacher at a secondary school in Kigali.

Freddy and Claude (L-R)
These are the two who work on Kiva loans. Freddy is married with a young son, and Claude is in the midst of a long engagement. His fiancee is has a degree in physical therapy from a med school in Kigali, and is currently training at a hospital in Colorado somewhere, but Claude doesn't know specifics. He was the one to help me translate the journals before Gilbert was hired. He also makes sure that I don't work through the tea break.

1 comment:

  1. Tea breaks? sounds like a fun place :-) Everyone looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete