Saturday, January 29, 2011

Couple o' photos


Apologies for the long delay since I last posted. It wasn't because I didn't have the time, although I have been getting steadily busier since my return from London, but because nothing very exciting has happened. Which I suppose is somewhat interesting in itself; it's feeling a lot more like home here, as I build routines and make friends.

Three activities that I've been doing pretty regularly- Ultimate Frisbee on Sunday afternoons, quiz night on Monday nights, and boxing class 1-2 times a week. I've met some cool people at all three, which has been nice. There's a decent expat community here in Kigali- lots of interns/aid workers/volunteers, but also embassy employees and businessmen. (Visitors' tip: the embassy people are the ones with sweet apartments. Go to their parties.)


Work has been going well. This last week I did a one-day training blitz from Gikongoro in the South to Ruhengeri in the North. The picture at the top is one of the volcanoes near the border with Uganda/DRC.

The other pictures are flowers at my house.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! Sounds fun! Also, updated our blog (remember we had a blog) I geared the question so that you can double post on this one and the other one ;) Say hi to Kenya for me.

    ReplyDelete